Cajun Refried Black Beans
I feel like I’ve been promising this one forever! I’m sorry for the wait, despite making it every single week I always forget to take pictures of my process. It’s extremely easy, and, like most of my recipes, it’s versatile because I don’t measure the spices and ingredients (for the most part). These cajun refried black beans are my go-to protein through the week. I eat them in tacos, as a dip, in lettuce wraps and by themselves. I’ve mentioned them multiple times on my Instagram and you guys were dying to know the recipe. So, here it is!
- 1 Can Regular/Traditional Black Beans
- 1 Can Cajun Style Black Beans (My Favorite is Trader Joe's)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Smaller Red Onion
- 1 Can Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- Mince garlic.
- Dice onion.
- Heat olive oil in saute pan and add garlic and onion.
- Saute until onion starts to appear softened.
- Add drained black beans and Cajun black beans.
- Stir and add salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika and sriracha.
- Let simmer while occasionally stirring.
- After about 4-5 minutes add drained diced tomatoes and corn.
- Simmer and stir for another 3-4 minutes.
- Mash mixture with potato masher until most beans have been smashed. Mix in between mashing.